08:00 AM PDT
10:00 PM PDT
Quilt Silent Auction for CMHA Rainbows Program
The RAINBOWS program is an effective peer support program for children and their families; whether single parent families, step families or families in painful transition. The program is designed specifically for children who have suffered a significant loss in their lives, either by death, divorce or any other painful transition.
Rainbows always has a waiting list and participants can wait up to a year for a space. The Cowichan Valley Heritage Quilters have donated 10 children's quilts to this auction to raise funds for additional Rainbows Program sessions.
About CMHA - Cowichan Valley Branch
The Cowichan Valley Branch of the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA-CVB) has been working to meet the needs of persons involved in the mental health system since 1992. We continue to learn and grow in creative and innovative ways, guided by a vision of accessible, inclusive, person centred health and well-being support for all youth and young adults in the Cowichan Valley.
Our ongoing youth programs include:
• BikeWorks, Artworks & DiscoveryWorks - a free drop in youth outreach centre disguised as a bike shop and arts and crafts centre
• Open Door Youth Services Centre - a space where youth ages 12-24 can connect with staff over a coffee and a snack, do their laundry, have a shower, get clothing and access medical care and counselling services
• Mobile Youth Outreach Engagement Team - 8 mobile youth outreach workers travelling by foot and van to youth homeless camps, providing support, food, basic first aid and transportation to access services as needed.
• BounceBack - a telephone counselling program for youth that are experiencing anxiety or moderate depression
• Rainbows - grief counselling for children experiencing loss
• Sexual Abuse Intervention Program
"Busy Bee" Child's Quilt
Warm yellows (47" x 48")
"Child's Play" Quilt
Primary colours (44" x 50")
"Reptile Love" Child's Quilt
Soft blues and warm yellows ( 39" x 50")