At Midnight CST
08:00 PM CDT
About Our Auction
The funds raised will support such projects as:
- Sponsoring Badger Boys and Badger Girls State Students from WHS
- Rotary Youth Exchange - hosted a student since the 1970s. Current student is from Peru.
- WHS student will be in Thailand 2020-21 https://www.rotary.org/en/our-programs/youth-exchanges
- Host Rotary Youth Exchange Weekend for up to 20 Rotary Exchange Students.
- WHS Scholarships - $3,000 each year @$1,000 each
- Rotary Skatepark Resurfacing Project - $3,000
- Cravath Lakefront Amphitheater Project - Committed $30,000
- Fit Kid Shuffle during the Whitewater 1/2 Marathon
- World Affairs Seminar sponsorship - 1 WHS student
- Rotary Foundation - World Polio Eradication Fund https://endpolio.org/rotary-and-the-fight-against-polio
About Whitewater Rotary Club
We are a local Rotary Club associated with Rotary International. Rotary International is a global network of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves. Rotary has 35,000+ clubs in over 200 countries that work together to focus on seven areas.
Whitewater Rotary Club was chartered in 1966. We have a local focus supporting programs and youth in the Whitewater WI community. We were the lead donor of $15,000 for the Skate Park, committed $3,000 to the Rotary Skate Park resurface in 2020, and $30,000 towards the Cravath Lakefront Amphitheater Pillars Project in 2020. We have hosted one international exchange high school student each year since the 1970s, we give out three college scholarships to Whitewater High School graduates, we partner with the Whitewater High School National Honor Society on a number of projects each year and many more local projects. We also support many international projects with a special focus on Polio Eradication around the World.
Rotary is dedicated to seven causes that build international relationships, improve lives, and create a better world to support our peace efforts and end polio forever.
Rotary's 7 Causes and local impacts:
1. Promoting peace - hosting international exchange students, sponsoring Whitewater high school students to study abroad, and sponsoring one of the District's International Exchange Weekends held annually at Whitewater High School
2. Fighting disease - raising funds for PolioPlus to eradicate Polio in the world since 1979, and ShelterBox to help devastated communities domestically and internationally
3. Providing clean water, sanitation, and hygiene - raising funds to support Projects like orphanages in Russia, ShelterBox to help devastated communities domestically and internationally, clean water projects in Africa and Central and South Americas
4. Saving mothers and children - raising funds for New Beginnings Association for the Prevention of Family Violence, UW-Whitewater Professor Hassimi Traore's mission of providing ambulances and service to Burkina Faso, a West African country north of Ghana
5. Supporting education - awarding 3 college scholarships annually to Whitewater High School graduates, sponsoring students to attend Badger Boys and Badger Girls annual conferences, supporting Whitewater High School NHS students by partnering in several projects, providing funds for Whitewater District's family emergency funds and lunch deficit-balance accounts
6. Growing local economies - providing funds for Whitewater's Cravath Lakefront Park’s New Amphitheater (2020), Rotary Skate Park (2005) and Resurfacing (2020), Whitewater Aquatic Center, Discover Whitewater Series Fit Kid Shuffle, American Cancer Society's Relay for Life
7. Protecting the environment - supporting City of Whitewater's Tree City USA program, and raising funds for clean water projects in Africa and Central and South Americas
The Rotary Four Way Test:
Of the Things We Think, Say or Do:
1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL & BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned.
BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!