About Our Auction
In light of the current government advice, we have made the difficult decision to delay the opening of North Yorkshire Moors Railway’s 2020 season until further notice.
While there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) at the railway, the wellbeing of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our absolute priority. Matters of health and safety have our complete attention, which has led to this closure.
• The NYMR can’t claim insurance compensation for business interruption.
• The government has not offered monetary aid to charities yet.
• The only government help currently available would put the railway into significant debt, which may take years to pay off.
• We could potentially lose up to £1 million over the upcoming weeks. Figures of this magnitude could threaten the very existence of the railway. Please help now and support the NYMR to ensure we survive.
Due to this WE NEED YOUR HELP. The NYMR is a registered charity (501388) and without operating this would have a substantial impact on its future. Please help by bidding to give the railway a fighting chance to be able to ‘steam on’ in its current form once the pandemic is over.
About North Yorkshire Moors Railway
The North Yorkshire Moor Railway is one of the world’s greatest heritage railway experiences with thrills and family fun at its heart. Climb on-board a steam or heritage diesel train and experience 24 miles of Yorkshire’s amazing scenery at this must-see visitor attraction.
Explore the Railway:
• Pickering Station is a must-see 1930’s themed station that will transport you back in time to the steam era.
• Let off steam at Levisham Station set in the heart of the North York Moors National Park – see stunning scenery and wildlife!
• A must-see is the celebrity station, Goathland, which became Hogsmeade Station in the first Harry Potter film.
• Explore Grosmont Station which is home to the operating and engineering world of the NYMR. If you are lucky you might be able to catch a sneaky peak at the work taking place on our engines!
• Visit Whitby with its narrow streets and bustling harbour overlooked by the striking ruins of Whitby Abbey.
The North York Moors Historical Railway Trust is a not-for profit charitable organisation run as part of the local community. Day to day operation is carried out by volunteers with railway operations and business experience. Every visitor that travels on the railway helps preserve one of the earliest and most historic lines.