09:00 AM EDT
09:00 PM EDT
About Our Auction
Happy Pride 2021! As part of its June Pride Fundraising Art Auction, Niagara Pride, Inc. is auctioning off two pieces of art donated by Jimi Konidis, creator and owner of James.Kreate. Additionally, a variety of framed or matted prints donated by Ronald Piaseczny, will also be included in the auction.
Niagara Pride, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving LGBTQ+ individuals and families. We offer community-based educational programming and engage in charitable work for numerous organizations in Niagara County and the surrounding counties of Western New York.
Niagara Pride hosts a monthly Lunch and Learn education series, as well as other free training, which serve to raise awareness of community resources, in addition to obstacles faced by the LGBTQ+ community. As part of our charitable outreach, we have multiple donation drives throughout the year to benefit local children and homeless individuals.
Niagara Pride also facilitates affirming social events and safe spaces in the community for LGBTQ+ individuals. This includes but is not limited to hosting Niagara County's Annual Pride Festival, coffee meet ups, a summer picnic, a fall and winter holiday community meal with our chosen family, and other social events.
Niagara Pride is not grant funded. All of their programming is made possible by generous donations from the local community. Money raised during this auction will be used to fund Niagara Pride programming during 2021 and 2022.
About Niagara Pride,Inc.
Niagara Pride, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving LGBTQ+ individuals and families. We offer community-based educational programming and engage in charitable work for numerous organizations in Niagara County and the surrounding counties of Western New York. Niagara Pride hosts a monthly "Lunch and Learn" education series, as well as other free trainings, which serves to raise awareness of community resources, in addition to obstacles faced by the LGBTQ+ community. As part of our charitable outreach, we have multiple donation drives throughout the year, such as backpack and clothing drives, which benefit local children and homeless individuals. Niagara Pride also facilitates welcoming social events, creating safe spaces in the community for LGBTQ+ individuals.
Due to the amazing support of individuals and business in the WNY, Niagara Pride was able to achieve the following accomplishments in 2021:
• Created WNY Shopping with Pride, an event which will be held yearly to highlight and showcase LGBTQ+ owned businesses throughout WNY
• Provided free Diversity and Inclusivity Training to various local businesses and agencies
• Helped Oliver Street Merchant Association launch the first ever community Pride celebration in North Tonawanda; held a historic 5 Pride Flag Raising Ceremonies throughout Niagara County; hosted several Pride events in June 2021
• Implemented an LGBTQ+ Community Needs Assessment for Niagara County, which looked at how the LGBTQ+ community feels in terms of safety throughout Niagara County as well as examines how open and affirming providers in the fields of physical health, mental health, housing, legal services, and other areas are
• Held several donation drives which resulted in 2,213 pairs of socks being donated to local homeless shelters and over 180 backpacks filled with school supplies being donated to WNY LGBTQ+ youth
• Created online and in-person meet ups to provide safe and affirming spaces and opportunities for LGBTQ+ youth and adults to socialize during the pandemic
• Conducted focus groups to explore elder abuse amongst the senior LGBTQ+ population in Niagara County
• Hosted a Speaker Event, where local authors and professors, Alex Bitterman and Daniel Baldwin Hess presented on "The Life and Afterlife of Gay Neighborhoods"
• Created a monthly online community provider townhall, where individuals and families throughout WNY could interact directly with representatives from various agencies and organizations to link with services
• Held free community trainings on topics such as banking and budgeting, healthy eating, minority owned business opportunities in Niagara County, gambling addiction in the LGBTQ+ community, financial disparities within the LGBTQ+ community, and other topics
• Created an online directory of LGBTQ+ affirming WNY community providers, ranging from healthcare, insurance, mental health, legal, spiritual, and other services
• Created an LGBTQ+ Community Garden in Niagara Falls to demonstrate that LGBTQ+ folks are present in the community and an integral part of Niagara County
• Partnered with SAGEVets to host 2 ongoing monthly meetings aimed at assisting LGBTQ+ Veterans with accessing services and benefits, as well as providing a safe space and supportive environment to socialize with other LGBTQ+ Veterans
• Created the first ever WNY Pride Interfaith Committee, where spiritual leaders, clergy, and leaders of faith-based organizations can meet on a regular basis to begin addressing the spiritual needs of the LGBTQ+ community throughout WNY
• Finally, through partnerships with other organizations, created several family events open to all WNY LGBTQ+ individuals during the summer and fall seasons
Proceeds from this auction will go towards the continued funding of aforementioned programming and events, as well as the creation of the following new programming in 2022:
• Establishing an LGBTQ+ Youth Vocational Training Conference
• The creation of a virtual WNY Pride 5K Run/Walk
• A scholarship for a local LGBTQ+ youth going to college
• Additional diversity trainings for the community
• More support programming aimed at LGBTQ+ seniors, youth, and people of color in Niagara County and WNY