03:00 PM EDT
08:00 PM EDT
About Our Auction
Created in 2014 by the Kentucky Distillers’ Association, the Kentucky Bourbon Affair is the ultimate week-long Bourbon fantasy camp - the only Bourbon event that is hosted by the legendary distilleries themselves. The Bourbon Affair is revered for its exclusive excursions with world-renowned Bourbon rock stars, behind-the-scenes, hands-on workshops with Kentucky’s most innovative distillers, rare tasting experiences, souvenir bottles and private barrel selections. This one-of-a-kind event has become a bucket list item for Bourbon aficionados and the Bourbon-curious alike.
And, given the challenges related to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Bourbon Affair has been cancelled. But in the interest of offering unique experiences, the KDA has decided to donate from its library a select few of their BAR Series bottles, in collaboration with Westport Whiskey & Wine, to help raise money for the relief efforts for those affected by the pandemic here in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
In 2018, the KBA began releasing an exclusive series of single barrel selections to be auctioned for charity. Proceeds will be going to the Team Kentucky Fund - https://secure.kentucky.gov/formservices/PPC/KYCOVID-19Donate. This fund provides assistance to Kentuckians who have been severely financially impacted by the COVID-19 emergency.
The Bourbon Affair Release or BAR Series showcases the finest whiskey and Kentucky Bourbon’s legendary spirit of collaboration by bringing together industry icons to road trip across the state and choose exceptional barrels of each other’s whiskey together. It’s one heck of a good time for a great cause.
KDA BAR SERIES DESCRIPTIONS
In 2018, the first ever KY Bourbon Affair Release BAR 18 – Legends’ Select Series single barrel selections were chosen by a panel of Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame Legends. Who embarked on a road trip across the Commonwealth to select exceptional barrels at Jim Beam, Maker's Mark, Old Forester, Willett, and Wild Turkey distilleries. These barrels were bottled to be released exclusively at the 2018 Kentucky Bourbon Affair. The BAR 18 panel included:
• Jimmy Russell, Wild Turkey (HOF Class of 2001)
• Chris Morris, Brown-Forman (HOF Class of 2017)
• Fred Noe, Jim Beam (HOF Class of 2013)
• Steve Nally, Bardstown Bourbon Company (HOF Class of 2007)
• Eddie Russell, Wild Turkey (HOF Class of 2010)
For this Auction from BAR 18 – Legends’ Select Series:
Knob Creek Rye Single Barrel is a five-year-old product.
In 2019, the BAR 19 - Superfecta series featured four exclusive single barrel releases chosen
by a panel of renowned Kentucky distillers who hosted each other at their respective distilleries to collaborate on these one-of-a-kind barrel selections. The BAR 19 selection panel included:
• Chris Morris, Master Distiller, Brown-Forman
• Jackie Zycan, Master Taster, Old Forester
• Shane Baker, Co-Founder + Head Distiller, Wilderness Trail Distillery
• Dr. Pat Heist, Co-founder, Wilderness Trail Distillery
• Brent Elliott, Master Distiller, Four Roses
• Conor O’Driscoll, Master Distiller, Heaven Hill Distillery
For this Auction from BAR 19 – Superfecta Series:
• Four Roses Single Barrel Private Selection Barrel Strength 9 year
• Elijah Craig Small Batch Single Barrel 9 year
• Wilderness Trail Settlers Select, Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey 4-year, 114 proof
For 2020 there are a few additional bottles from the KDA’s Members that will also be offered for this auction. The list includes:
• Bardstown Bourbon Company, Copper & Kings Collaboration
• Michter’s, 10-year Rye
• Michter’s, 10-year Bourbon
• Michter’s, Toasted Rye Whiskey
• Michter’s, Toasted Sour Mash Whiskey
• Michter’s, Barrel Strength Bourbon
Please note all of these bottles were originally sold at the BAR Events for $100. That is why the buy it now pricing and value are set at that amount.
About Westport Whiskey & Wine
Westport Whiskey & Wine has been a supporting sponsor of the Kentucky Distillers' Association (KDA) and the Kentucky Bourbon Trail for over 5 years. This round has generated excitement and donations from other members of the KDA and WW&W has donated some bottles from their Single Barrel Selections, too. ALL BIDDERS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE TO PARTICIPATE.