09:00 AM EST
11:45 PM EST
About Our Auction
Support the Harvard GlobalWE mission while vacationing in Chile! Tierra Chiloé is a boutique spa hotel located on the island of Chiloé off the southern coast of Chile. The award winning hotel (2018 Conde Nast Gold List, National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World) is known for coupling adventures with comfort, sea views and the promise of authentic experiences. For more information on the hotel visit https://tierrahotels.com/chiloe/
Our Harvard GlobalWE Auction is your chance to win an all-inclusive 5-day/4-night stay at Tierra Chiloé for 2 people in a double room, including transfers from the Puerto Montt or Castro airports to the hotel and back, excursions, all meals and open bar (total auction item valued at $2,500 USD), plus a twenty percent discount on an extension of your stay or a connected visit to sister properties Tierra Atacama or Tierra Patagonia. Details and conditions outlined below.
A vacation, a donation, and recognition, too! Purchasing this item admits you to Harvard GlobalWE's Founder's Circle, comprising donors who give $1,000 or more. Founders have naming rights to one of our Essay Contests held all around the world, and can choose their own name, or honor someone else.
Best of all, all proceeds from the auction will go toward supporting the mission of Harvard GlobalWE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization entirely supported by donations and the work of volunteers.
BIDDING STARTS AT $1,900 USD.
Auction Item Description from Tierra Hotels-- Come explore the magic of Chiloé Island!
• All inclusive 4 night /5 day stay at Tierra Chiloé for 2 people in a double/twin room.
• Regular transfers to/from nearest airport (Castro or Puerto Montt).
• Daily excursions (two half-day excursions or one full day excursion per day in the company of other guests).
• 3 meals daily (buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner), open bar.
• Use of Uma Spa facilities.
• Flight tickets (national and international).
• Private services, spa treatments & therapies, telephone calls, laundry, personal expenditure.
• Valid for travel until April 30th 2020.
• Not valid for travel between December 20th 2018 and January 2nd 2019 / December 20th 2019 and January 2nd 2020
• Subject to availability.
By bidding in Harvard GlobalWE’s online auction, each bidder agrees to the following auction rules:
1) The sale is final. There will be no exchanges or refunds. Harvard GlobalWE has attempted to describe the package correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made on this website or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
2) Payment must be made in full within 48 hours of notification that the bidder has won the item. Harvard GlobalWE accepts payment by credit card online.
3) Following payment(s), you will be put in touch with the Tierra Hotels to arrange for your prize.
4) Harvard University, the Harvard Alumni Association and Harvard Alumni for Global Women’s Empowerment, along with their employees, members, agents, successors and assigns (the “Harvard entities”) hereby limit their liability in the event of any personal injury, property damage or other harm of any type whatsoever incurred by the prize winner in connection with this auction to the price paid by the auction winner for the prize. In no event will the Harvard entities be responsible for any further damages, whether special, general, compensatory or punitive. Things happen, and we strongly advise the auction winner to make sure to have adequate insurance coverage for any contingencies that might arise.
5) The bidding period will end at 11:45pm Eastern Time on February 9, 2019.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Harvard GlobalWE is a shared interest group of the Harvard Alumni Association. We are dedicated to the empowerment of women through education, dialogue and connection among individuals working for women's rights and freedoms worldwide. Harvard GlobalWE does not advocate a specific ideology or agenda; rather, we highlight and raise awareness about issues concerning women's empowerment worldwide, including but not limited to: education, political rights, freedom from violence, women's health, and economic empowerment.