About Our Auction
Thank you for your participation in Friends of Playa Vista School’s Silent Auction. We have many exciting items up for auction, all of which have been donated by families and local businesses to support our wonderful school and its mission. Your participation in our Silent Auction will provide funds for the many educational programs and activities for Playa Vista Elementary School.
As you read through the list of items that have been collected, please remember that many of them can be used as gifts for family, friends, employees, or yourself. Bid often and on many items! All proceeds from this event benefit our children, the students of Playa Vista Elementary.
The online auction will close on Thursday, May 15 and bidding will resume live at The Taste of Playa Vista on Friday, May 16. All bids from this site will be transferred to the live event. In order to continue bidding until the auction officially closes, you need to be in attendance at The Taste of Playa Vista.
Rules of the Auction
• All items are sold “as is”. The descriptions in this catalog are believed accurate but are not warranted. All sales are final; there are no exchanges or refunds. Mix-ups or confusion will be settled by the Silent Auction Committee.
• The winning bidder is expected to pay for and take possession of the item immediately upon conclusion of the Taste of Playa Vista. If you are not in attendance, other arrangements may be made.
• All services and use of property such as event tickets are sold subject to the arrangements between the donor and the winning bidder. The winning bidder is responsible for making the arrangements with the donor.
• Some auction items have restrictions and/or expiration dates. Please read the description carefully prior to bidding.
Bidding on Auction Items
• In many cases, a Minimum Bid and Bid Increment are indicated on each item’s bid sheet. All starting bids must be greater than or equal to the Minimum Bid stated on the bid sheet. Each subsequent bid must increase by an increment greater than or equal to the Bid Increment shown on the bid sheet, and in round dollar amounts (no cents please). For example, if the current bid is $65 and the Bid Increment is $5, the next bid must be at least $70. Failure to follow the Minimum Bid or Bid Increment will invalidate your bid.
• You may bid as many times as you want on an item. Bid often – remember that all proceeds benefit the students!
• You may skip ahead to the bid amount you want to pay. The next bidder must bid higher than you to make a successful bid.
• Illegible bids will not be honored
• All bids are binding, and constitute your agreement to pay for the item if yours is the winning bid.
• In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Silent Auction Committee is final.
• All winning bids are final. Please pay for your items immediately following the silent auction. We accept cash, credit card, or PayPal.
• Friends of Playa Vista School is not responsible for replacing gift certificates lost after the event.
About Friends of Playa Vista School
Friends of Playa Vista School (FPVS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that fundraises to support the academic achievement and enrichment of all students at Playa Vista Elementary School. The money that we raise supports programs and staffing that LAUSD does not fund. Our budget is maintained separately from Playa Vista Elementary School's budget.
Live Event Information
Bidding will continue at the Taste of Playa Vista (http://blog.playavista.com/2014/03/taste-of-playa-vista/)
Playa Vista, CA 90094
May 16, 2014
6:00pm - 9:00pm