12:15 AM EST
At Midnight EDT
About Our Auction
Niagara Pride is offering a unique online auction this year with a Buffalo Sports theme. This year on March 27, 2023, the Buffalo Sabres will be hosting Pride Night. This yearly event is a way for the Sabres and the NHL to celebrate diversity, equity, inclusion and unity by hosting members and supporters from the LGBTQ+ community. To celebrate Pride Night and build on the theme of LGBTQ+ inclusion, not only in sports, but in the WNY community, Niagara Pride is hosting this month-long online auction.
100% of the proceeds from the auction will go to fund Niagara Pride's 2023 programming and events. All of Niagara Pride's programming and events are funded by the generous support and donations of community members; we receive no grant funding nor any federal, state, or county funding. Niagara Pride has no paid staff...all of our programs and services are carried out by its Board of Directors and other volunteers, who give their time to manage all services provided by the agency.
About Niagara Pride,Inc.
Niagara Pride, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving LGBTQ+ individuals and families in Niagara County and the surrounding WNY area. We offer community-based educational programming and engage in charitable work. Niagara Pride collaborates with other organizations to offer LGBTQ+ programming, social meet ups, Diversity and Inclusion training for organizations and businesses, health-based initiatives, and other visibility events, including numerous June Pride events. As part of our charitable outreach, we have multiple donation drives throughout the year, which benefit individuals, families, and children in need. Niagara Pride, Inc. also facilitates welcoming social events, creating safe spaces in the community for LGBTQ+ individuals.
Some of the services Niagara Pride offers include:
• LGBTQ+ Diversity and Inclusivity Trainings for businesses and organizations – over 7,000 individuals, both locally and nationally, attended these trainings throughout the year.
• Jean Hopkins Memorial Scholarship – a $500 scholarship was awarded to a graduating high school senior pursuing higher education.
• Niagara County GSA Grants – seven $500 grants were given to local GSAs to help fund LGBTQ+ diversity programs at their high schools.
• Know Your Status – a campaign designed to provide free sexual health information and resources to residents of WNY, as well as create an online tool that allows individuals to easily locate HIV/AIDS and STI testing sites throughout the 8 counties of Western New York.
• WNY LGBTQ+ Youth Vocational Training Conference – a one day event aimed at providing LGBTQ+ youth between the ages of 15-21 with lifelong skills and tools to seek employment, create resumes, interview for jobs, and effectively seek out training programs.
• WNY LGBTQ+ Health and Wellness Fair – an opportunity for community members to learn about LGBTQ+ specific and/or affirming programs, services, and resources offered by local community service providers.
• WNY Pride 5K – a virtual 5K race/walk in WNY with a focus of bringing awareness to, while also celebrating the local WNY LGBTQ+ Community.
• WNY Shopping with Pride - this annual event serves to help raise funds to support local LGBTQ+ programs and services and highlights locally owned and operated LGBTQ+ and ally businesses and merchants in WNY.
• Community-based Pride Celebrations – Niagara Falls Pride, Newfane Pride, North Tonawanda Pride (in partnership with the Oliver Street Merchants Association)…and coming in 2023, Lockport Pride!
• And in partnership with other agencies, Niagara Pride has been able to offer groups/services for addictions and housing discrimination assistance.