About Our Auction
The Norwich Lions Club Meadow Muffins contest is a popular annual tradition, whereby participants “buy” one or more numbered plots of land in a fenced-in area for $20 each, for which a randomized number matching a corresponding “deed” has been assigned to each plot.
To participate, click on the MEADOW MUFFIN DEED, below, and buy on line.
--- or ---
Come to the HOSPITALITY TENT at the NORWICH FAIR
On August 13, at 3 pm, three heifers will be brought into an enclosure with the plots laid out in a grid to determine the winner and runner-up by depositing a “meadow muffin” on the squares of two lucky prize recipients!
PLEASE COME TO SEE THEM IN ACTION! The field of play is on the Norwich Town Green, adjacent to the school bus driveway.
First Prize: Up to $1000 (10% of gross receipts) -- 1 in 500 (or better) chance of winning.
Second Prize: Up to $500 (5% of gross receipts) -- 1 in 499 (or better) chance of winning
Third Prize: The satisfaction that you contributed to a good cause! (up to 498 in 500 chances)
If you are a winner, you will be notified by email or phone. The order of your purchase determines which plots you are assigned.
Three impartial judges will be appointed to oversee the contest. In case circumstances prevent a meadow muffin deposit from determining the winners on the appointed date, the judges will draw the winning numbers from among the tickets sold. In case of errors in the sale of the Meadow Muffins, the judges will determine a fair outcome.
The contest raises funds to support community organizations, as described at www.norwichlionsclub.org and summarized, below.
In addition to providing glasses and hearing aids to people needing them in the community, contest revenues allow the Norwich Lions Club to provide support to Upper Valley organizations.
Among the 26 organizations receiving a total of over $20,000 from the 2023 Norwich Lions Club Community Grants Program were:
• Cover Home Repairs Inc — 2023 Enhanced Insulation of Mobile Homes Project
• Habitat for Humanity (Upper Valley) — Harrington-Laundry Home Build
• Beaver Meadow Schoolhouse Association — New Roof
• Twin Pines Housing Trust — Resident Supportive Services Program
• Norwich Public Library — Audiobook Collection
• Vermont Association for the Blind — SMART Device Training Program
• Hartford-Norwich Holiday Basket Helpers — Gift Cards for Teenagers in December 2023
• Hartford Care Coalition — Take a Bite Out of Hunger - Summer Meals Program
• Willing Hands — Expanding Nutrition Equity for Young Children
• Veterans Administration Medical Center — Recreation Therapy Adaptive Waterski Event
• Children's Art Studio — Be a Part of Art at David's House
• Camp Thorpe — 2023 Summer Programming
About the Norwich Lions Club
Norwich Lions Club members raise money to benefit community organizations, primarily through staging an annual Norwich Fair in August, by holding this Meadow Muffins contest and through a silent auction.
Club members volunteer their time to help community programs, like Meals on Wheels, the Bugbee Senior Center, the Marion Cross School children’s reading program, Veterans Administration, the Upper Valley Haven, other Vermont Lions clubs, and voting outreach. “Visioneers” from the club provide SPOT vision screening for school children under the supervision of the school nurses in Norwich and surrounding Vermont communities.
Members also participate in community events that include cookouts, fun runs, and parades.
For more information, visit: http://www.norwichlionsclub.org