About Our Auction
There’s something about the connections we make at MISSA - with creativity, art, community and nature - that’s just … magical. For those who‘ve experienced it, there’s nothing like “MISSA Magic.” It’s what keeps us inspired to gather year after year to create, learn and grow.
MISSA has seen a lot of change over the past couple years: from moving campuses, to finding our way through the pandemic, to our upcoming move to a new office space. Funds raised through the Grand Summer Auction will help MISSA continue to be a destination for artistic learning. Please consider adding a memento of MISSA to your personal art collection and keep the memories of MISSA Magic alive all year round.
The Grand Summer Auction will run online throughout the month of July and will end at the Celebration of the Arts Gala on July 28. The bidding will remain online throughout the whole auction.
View a selection of the donated items in person during the MISSA Summer Program. Any items that were donated from out of town will only be able to be viewed online. A note specifying where the item will be will be stated on the donated item page.
This is sure to be a GRAND event! Thank you for helping out in any way that works best for you: donating, bidding, or sharing the auction link with others. We appreciate your support!
The MISSA Magic truly is alive and well!
ABOUT THIS AUCTION:
The Auction link is already active, but the bidding will open starting July 1, 2023 at 12 noon PST. This Auction is open for anyone to view the donated items, but If you wish to participate in any of the bidding, you will need to register with 32Auctions.
HERE'S SOMETHING FUN: when you register with 32Auctions, you have the option to use your real name OR you can choose your own bidding name. It should make things interesting (and mysterious) if you are bidding against cobalt blue and PICASSO!
A FEW GOOD THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS AUCTION:
1. This fully on-line format will allow people to participate from near and far both as donors and supporters! It will also allow folks who are attending any workshop block of MISSA to participate as well as those who were not able to attend MISSA in person this summer. This is a way to remain a part of the action!
2. There is an option to bid by proxy (where you set the highest bid you are willing to pay and the auction site automatically bids at the designated minimum bid on your behalf). For example, if the item is $50 and you are willing to bid by proxy up to $100, and the bidding ends at $75 with you being the highest bidder. You pay just $75.
3. You do not have to be present to be the highest bidder. You can follow along or set your proxy bid and sit back and watch the excitement happen. You can also opt in to be alerted via text when you have been out bid. (That darn cobalt blue!)
4. If you have the highest bid at the close of the auction, you will automatically be sent an on-line invoice to pay for your item(s) through your choice of Stripe or Paypal. If you and your item are at the event on July 28, you can pick up your paid item. If you are the highest bidder but are not at the event on July 28, arrangements can be made for your item to be picked up/dropped off or shipped to you.
5. For those who like the competition of bidding (and to avoid friendly jostling with pen in hand) any pieces that have active bidding will have "extended bidding" activated. This means that if there is active bidding on an item up until 8pm, the bidding will be extended past 8pm until there is no more active bidding for a period of 3 minutes (up to a 30 minute extension). The competition between cobalt blue and PICASSO is fierce!
Donations will be accepted throughout the month of July. CHECK BACK OFTEN as new items will be added. If you wish to make a donation, you can complete this form: https://missa.ca/keeping-the-magic-alive-missas-grand-summer-auction/
Thank you for supporting MISSA! We hope that you too have a grand time participating in this auction!
The Metchosin International Summer School of the Arts has been providing high calibre fine art workshops for artists, teachers and adult art students since 1984. MISSA has a reputation for hosting local, national and international instructors who engage with students in an intense multi-disciplinary environment. MISSA welcomes learners from around the world to participate in an artistic immersion for two weeks every summer. Let the magic begin!
BURSARY BOOKS - David Suzuki / Wade Davis
Canada's Raincoast At Risk - Art for an Oil Free Coast
BURSARY BOOKS - Nick Bantock
GRIFFIN & SABINE - A TRILOGY
MONK OFFICE & ART
$100 Gift Certificate
OPUS ART SUPPLIES
$50 Gift Card