About Our Auction
Lighting the Way
100% benefits Cincinnati Children's Hospital Neurosurgery Department and the following projects.
Chiari Cares and University of Cincinnati Pi Kappa Alpha (ΠΚΑ) or Pikes partner to help bring smiles to every admitted child to the Neurosurgical floor at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. Our goal for 2019 is to provide an amazon fire tablet to every child admitted to the Neurosurgical floor and eventually growing to every child admitted to Cincinnati Children's Hospital. This year we were able to donate over $5,000 of presents. Thank you Pikes for all that you do.
Chiari Cares Scholarship Program
The Board of Directors of Chiari Cares, as well as all of our contributors, volunteers, and professionals, support children diagnosed with Chiari malformation and their families through educational resources and emotional supports.
Through Chiari Cares, we have been privileged to witness the amazing character, courage, and resilience of those diagnosed with Chiari malformation. In an effort to support the ambitions and goals of Chiari patients and families, we are happy to make available academic scholarships, in varying amounts, to both current and former Chiari patients as they pursue their post-secondary education.
About Chiari Cares Scholarships
• Scholarships are available to current and former Chiari patients
• Scholarships are one-time, non-renewable
• Scholarship amounts vary from $250-$1,000
• A printable application is available via our website at www.chiaricares.org beginning 1/1/2021
• For more information contact Leeann Fitzpatrick, CEO, Chiari Cares at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Students who are enrolling at a regionally accredited institution of higher education (public or private, 2-year or 4-year) for an undergraduate degree in the Fall 2020 semester.
• Applicants must be Chiari patients or have served as volunteers with the Chiari Cares organization in the greater Cincinnati community.
• Currently enrolled college students are eligible to apply.
NFCF has currently donated 25 iPads, life proof cases and 2 charging stations for the Neurosurgery Floor and Clinic. Our goal is to donate 200 iPads to be used on many different floors by the Child Life Department. The iPads being donated now will be a great education tool for both patients/families and medical team. They will have information about different diagnosis from signs/symptoms to diagnosis process as well as some treatment options. It will eventually have information about post operative care for certain diagnosis as well as links to different support groups. Besides being an educational tool the iPads can be used as a distraction for the patient. It will have games, movies ect.
About Chiari Cares (formerly NFCF)
Chiari Cares (formerly NFCF) is a non-profit organization that works with and raises money for the Neurosurgery department at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.
Chiari Cares Impact since 2007
13,386 Families Helped
Over 8,000 Presents Donated
Raised over $450,000
25 Ipads, 25 Otter Boxes and 2 Charging Stations Donated
Over 5,000 Chiari Folders Distributed
467 Community Volunteers
2018 Magnified Giving Grant Award Recipient
2017 Difference Makers of the Year Award Recipient
2011 Cincinnati Children's Patient Education Advocacy Award Recipient