About Our Auction
In the latest fundraising effort to grow the trust fund to support deserving pipers with tuition scholarship, the BGBDS will be holding an online auction beginning March 1, 2016. The auction will run throughout the month of March with new items being added weekly. Most individual items will run for 7 days once they are added to the auction. Some feature items will run for a longer period of time.
All the items available for bid in the Spring Auction have been donated to the Bruce Gandy Bagpiping Development Society. With limited funding from government and resources being cut to the arts all the time, it takes individuals who are both bold and passionate to step up and help so that the Bruce Gandy Bagpiping Development Society can exist, helping pipers locally, nationally and internationally to achieve their goals. All proceeds from this auction go directly to the Bruce Gandy Bagpiping Development Society.
If you do not wish to bid on an item and would still like to make a donation to support the project please see the donation button on the main auction page or visit www.brucegandyfoundation.org where you can locate the donate button on the home page.
About Bruce Gandy Bagpiping Development Society
To promote and enhance bagpipe music through educational funding and partnership.
The goals and objectives of the Society are:
• Strive to encourage the development of Scottish bagpiping
• To promote and assist individual Highland bagpipers through educational funding and partnerships
• Development of youth programs supporting Highland bagpiping locally, nationally, and internationally
• Encourage greater appreciation of bagpiping heritage.
• To offer education scholarships and bursaries for bagpipe students to use for private lessons, workshops, and piping schools, and travel to major events.
• To assist with the achievement of pre determined goals globally.
• To work in partnership with some of the summer schools to “double up” on some tuition scholarships.
• To apply a “pay it forward” (clause) so the recipient can give back in some way to their community Eg: Free lesson(s) to some other students, free performance at a seniors home? Volunteering their musical skills or performance ability to help another cause.
1940's Robertson Drones
John Wilson Signed Book
Kilt & Tartan Vest
Lee Pipe Bag
Lifetime subscription to pipes|drums
Peter Henderson Silver Sole 1924
Piping Live! Golden Ticket
Week long pass for entry to Piping Live! Events