Fundraiser for Yasmeen Olya's Cancer Treatment
This is a fundraiser to help with the substantial cost of treatments and for living expenses for Yasmeen while in Germany. 100% of the proceeds from sales of Original paintings, and 75-85% from the sale of prints will go to Yasmeen for her treatment and living expenses.
Sadly the risk with the current treatments available in Canada is too high, and she would risk losing the ability to use her hands which are the lifeline of her work in this world as a musician and visual artist.
Video link from Yasmeen, with her explaining what this is for:
"Dear Hearts, we have successfully raised the first half of what this treatment will cost. I am sorry i have to update this to $60,000 Canadian but this is simply the cost I am facing as we continue the treatments, and receive ongoing test results and new medical conclusions. The Tubingen Hospital can also receive directly to my account in Tubingen via bank transfer, substantial payments towards the treatment, if anyone is interested in doing this please message me and I can give you the IBAN and other transfer account details directly to the hospital. I am endlessly grateful and full of positivity that we can and will succeed in a overcoming this cancer. Because of your supports I have been able to begin this essential healing treatment here in Germany with the best doctors possible for this particular cancer. We are collectively manifesting so much healing and positivity, I feel it with me every day. My children are patiently waiting in France for me to get better and come to visit them. Your supports are wings that bring me so much courage despite all the pain. Together we are succeeding despite all odds. BarakAllahu Fikum, thanks be to the highest for all ! Please keep me in your prayers, you are all in mine."
"You can follow my journey, the concerts I will be making to raise funds, the places I visit and the hospital process, every Friday I will be posting a new video here on youtube covering what I have managed to accomplish each week. Further updates will be on my facebook and instagram and tiktok account."
yasmeenolya on tiktok
Yasmeen Olya on facebook
Yasmeen Olya, yasmeensong on instagram
www.yasmeensong.com is the professional website for the art and music of Yasmeen Olya.
GoFundMe campaign link:
You will be able to start bidding or using the 'Buy Now' option on May 13th at 12 Noon PST! Before you start your bidding, please take a minute to read over the important information below so that there are no surprises during the auction or when the auction is finished!
1. Every original canvas or canvas print will be delivered or shipped (both locally and nationally/internationally) stretched and ready to hang. Paper prints will need to be framed at your local framing shop to display and protect them properly.
2. We will be in contact at the close of the auction to find out which payment method you prefer and to send you an invoice for your new artwork. All payments must be made within the following 2 business days of the close of the online auction. They can be made via E-Transfer or by any major Credit Card. Please call Canvas Plus at 1-250-924-0901 to provide your payment information - do not send by email. E-transfer info will be provided on your invoice.
3. To keep things easier across all time zones, I have enabled proxy bidding for this sale. A proxy bid allows you to enter the maximum amount that you are willing to spend on your painting of choice, and then it lets the system bid for you up to that exact amount. For example, if an item is currently selling for $10 and you enter a proxy bid of $50, the system will automatically keep up with bidding for you until the selling price goes over $50. At that point, you will be outbid and someone else will be the leading bidder. You will only owe the amount the system has bid for you which will never be more than your maximum proxy bid amount. This option is really fantastic for those of you who can't be near your computer at all times, or may be away at the close of the auction.
4. There is a 'Buy Now' option for each painting where the price is set at current market value. This enables you to buy the painting straight away and take it out of bidding contention.
5. I am enabling the Extended Bidding option for this event as well. The Extended Bidding option automatically extends the end time of an item by 3 minutes when it receives a bid during the final 3 minutes of the sale. This process repeats until no new bids are received during the final 3 minutes of the item bidding window or the auction has been extended for a maximum of 30 minutes beyond the original end time. Again, this is in place to factor in all of the variables across different time zones and varying internet connections.
Also please note that all sales are absolutely final.
And that about covers it all! If you have any questions during the sale, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
About Canvas Plus Digital Imaging Inc.
Canvas Plus is located in the heart of Ladysmith, on beautiful Vancouver Island, BC. The Island is home to literally thousands of artists and professional photographers. We provide printing and fine-art capture services to a growing list of these local customers.
In 2004 Alan Bagshaw founded Digital Art Reproductions, providing art reproduction services to local artists in Victoria, BC. In late 2005, Yasmeen and her 2-year-old son visited Alan to get some of her artwork captured and printed.
"Yasmeen is truly an astonishing person. An incredibly talented singer, musician and songwriter, and visual artist as well. She possesses an ability to translate emotion with colour and has the rare talent of capturing the most subtle nuances of her portrait subjects, even down to the smallest faces of the children in her "Mother Mary" scenes, with the ease of just a stroke or two of her watercolour brush."
Canvas Plus is hosting this auction because our friend is in need, and we hope our collective efforts can multiply the effect to ease the burden on Yasmeen in her time of need.
100% of the sale of original artworks, and 75-85% from the sale of prints from this auction will go to Yasmeen for her treatment and living expenses while in Germany. She wants foremost to complete a successful treatment, but also to return home to her four children, well and healed.
Our clients, artists and photographers, have graciously donated the rights to print these images and in some cases, their original artworks, in order to raise the funds necessary to meet this need.
Please come visit our workspace and retail gallery at 428 1st Avenue, Ladysmith, BC.
Coastal Mist 20x24
COMMISSION! 40x30 by Sarah Mckendry!
An original custom painted for you
Cox Bay Lookout 48x30
Dancing Queen 32x40"
Kwaguitl Ancestor 24x35
Ladies Night Out 30x22.5
S'uyulu Island 50x30
Sunshine Coast Glow - Triptych
Canvas Print Triptych