The Collection of Sean Ward

Sean Christopher Ward, Artist
START
07
November 2022
12:00 PM CST
END
19
November 2022
12:00 PM CST
RAISED
$2,676.00
GOAL $6,000.00
44.6% To Goal

The Ward Collection

Over the past fifteen years, I have been buying artwork from artists from all over the world, alongside my full time job as an artist, myself. It has been a great journey with inspiration coming from so many different mediums!! Now, however, its time to put this collection up for sale, alongside my own art and my sister, Stephanie Ward's art, as we are fundraising for our futures!

The money from Sean's sold works, and his collection, will go towards a new truck, as his current car is aging quickly with 190,000 miles. The new truck will help him travel to exhibitions throughout the country and haul equipment for the music events he helps run lights, visuals and lasers for.

The money from Stephanie's sold works will go towards her education in the arts and continuing to buy supplies, so that she can make even more new art!

Then, there are also many works on consignment from Marissa Kay and Jeanne Ward, which 30% of the sale will go towards Sean and Stephanie's fundraising, then the remaining 70% will go back to the artist.


About Sean Christopher Ward

Sean Christopher Ward is an interdisciplinary artist focusing his efforts of painting in the style of op art, with major influences from Masters of the movement, like Bridget Riley and Victor Vasarely, who utilize flat design to create depth and kinetic movement through strict hard edges and the utilization of masterfully placed colors side by side or next to negative space to keep the works constantly moving within the optics of the viewer. Now extending past the singular flat plane, I am expanding to fully immersive projection mapping experiences, where the artwork surrounds you in every direction! Overall, both painterly and digital immersive artworks, I utilize a process to create my artwork that is a mixture of traditional and digital techniques. It begins in the digital realm of Adobe Illustrator to create the design of the works first and foremost, to achieve ultra-crisp and planned results, then transitioning into the traditional realm of hand painting all the fields of colors onto the individual layers of the painting. Then, with projection mapping and animation creation, I utilize Adobe After Effects and Resolume Arena to create these immersive environments that go hand and hand with the art, and sometimes, the musicians, I partner with to create multi-media exhibitions. The multiple processes sounds overwhelming, but it has become common practice for Sean’s different styles of works to utilize every method of technology possible to create and maintain a commitment to excellence through the weeks of time it takes to complete each individual piece. With works in over 880 permanent and private collections spanning the world, including Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Morocco, Japan, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the US Virgin Islands, the reach of the artwork is expanding as each year progresses! Notable works in private collections include Bob Dylan, Julie Floyd, Julien Hall, Elton John, Milan Kordestani, Aaron Lux, The Center for Women’s Wellness, The ICT Pop-Up Park, The Pixies and Universal Studios Japan. One of his most recent ventures is working alongside Aarox Lux to turn Sean’s artwork into four two story walls on two beachside homes in Cabo, Mexico, to give some creative flair to the community!

Learn More