09:00 AM MDT
At Midnight MDT
About Our Auction
One year ago Helmets for Heroes partnered with the Canadian Luge Team to bring 7 projects to life. Athletes were paired with local Calgary artists and youth suffering traumatic brain injuries to create unique pieces of art that were worn during the 2015-16 World Cup season.
After protecting the heads of National Team athletes - while creating awareness for concussion prevention and helmet safety - it's now time to auction of these incredible works of art.
Cool fact, all of these helmets were worn in races where the athletes won World Cup or World Championships Medals!
100% of proceeds from the sale of the helmets will go to Creative Impact Health Foundation to support their initiatives and fund future Helmets for Heroes projects.
The auction will close on October 11, 2016 at 12:00pm MST.
Good luck and happy bidding!
About Creative Impact Health Foundation
Creative Impact provides collaborative opportunities to members of our community to support those who have had, and are at risk of experiencing brain trauma.
21st Century Reading
• Honourary Artistic Director: Cassandra Kanters • Artist: Derek Beaulieu • Athlete: Arianne Jones
• Honourary Directors: Nicholas Kitzul & Tiana Nielsen • Artist: Denise Truong • Athlete: T. Walker
• Honourary Artistic Director: Josh Smandych • Artist: Alyssa Romano • Athlete: Mitchel Malyk
Symbolism through Art
• Honourary Artistic Director: K.T. Preston • Artist: Linnea Hannigan • Athlete: Alex Gough
The Healing Horses
• Honourary Artistic Director: Emily Jeung • Artist: Kimberly O’Blenes • Athlete: Kim McRae
• Honourary Artistic Director: Cassie Bartlett • Artist: Alex Kwong • Athlete: Justin Snith