About Our Auction
The pandemic has changed our lives in many ways, including the necessity to cancel our Book Fairs for two consecutive years. This auction is being held in support of the Brantford Symphony Orchestra to Keep Music Alive.
Many of the books and records we all love are being offered, and a sampling of each of the 100 lots from which to choose is shown in the catalogue. Starting bid is $20 per box lot, and each box contains a minimum of twenty books or records.
(1) YOU MUST CREATE AN ACCOUNT WITH 32Auctions IN ORDER TO BID ON THIS BOOK AUCTION.
***32 Auctions will NOT ask you for a credit card in order to create an account to bid on this auction. You will only be prompted for a method of payment if you win an auction lot.***
***The 32 Auctions site may display ads on the page (depending on your browser and whether or not you have an ad blocker). If you click on an ad it will open a page in a new tab. If prompted by any other business for a credit card, be aware this is NOT 32 Auctions.***
*******************CREATING AN ACCOUNT********************
1. Click on the GREEN button at left that says "VIEW ALL ITEMS"
2. Click on the link in the yellow bar near top of the page that says "Create An Account"
3. Fill out the form with name / email address. Check the 3 boxes required and complete the security image question. Click the BLUE button "Create Account" at bottom of the form
4. You will now see a page saying that a verification email has been sent to the email address you provided in the form
5. Go to your email inbox and open account verification email from 32Auctions
6. Click on the BLUE button in the email body that says "Yes Finish Creating My Account"
7. This will open a new tab in your browser and bring your back to the BSO Book Fair auction page. You will notice at top right corner that there is now a link with drop down arrow that says My Account. (for mobile users.. this will be in the hamburger menu - 3 small horizontal lines menu icon). If you click on this you can update your profile, change email address, add phone number etc... You can also click on the button that says My Account and then View Auctions. This will show you what upcoming auctions are currently linked to your account. You should see the one for the BSO Book Fair. You can also log out from this drop down. In order to log back in, please use the BSO Book Fair auction link. https://32auctions.com/bsobookfair2021
Please reach out to us at email@example.com if there any questions regarding either registration or the auction format.
(2) LOT PRICING: Each lot price starts at $20 with incremental bidding of $1
(3) BUY NOW is enabled: The buy now price is NOT a reserve. The auction will sell, as long as there has been at least one bid, regardless of whether the bidding meets the BUY NOW price. The buy now option gives the bidder the option to close the auction early if they do not want to risk losing to bidders.
(4) PROXY BIDDING is enabled: A proxy bid allows you to enter the maximum amount you're willing to spend with the goal of winning the item at the lowest possible price. The system will bid for you, up to your maximum proxy bid amount, as additional bids are entered on the item. To enter a proxy bid, enter your maximum bid amount, click the Proxy Bid button, and then submit your bid. If you don't see the Proxy Bid button, the auction administrator has turned off this option. Rest assured, your maximum proxy bid amount is never exposed to anyone other than you during the online auction.
(5) EXACT BIDDING is enabled: If a bidder wishes to bid more than the $1 increment, then they would use the exact bidding option. An exact bid is the amount you want the item's current selling price to immediately jump to. Your bid amount will not change as additional bids are entered on the item. To enter an exact bid, enter your bid amount, click the Exact Bid button, and then submit your bid.
(5) EXTENDED BIDDING is enabled: If an item receives a bid during the final 3 minutes of the auction, the item end time will be extended to allow for 3 additional minutes of bidding. This process repeats until no new bids are received during the final 3 minutes of the item bidding window or the auction has been extended for a maximum of 30 minutes beyond the original end time. When an auction is extended, you'll see Extended Bidding messages displayed throughout the auction with a link for easily viewing all of the extended items.
(5) PAYMENT: Winners will receive notification after auction is fully closed. There are two options for payment. (a) Pay online through the 32Auctions platform using a credit card or direct through your PayPal account. (b) Make payment directly to the Brantford Symphony Orchestra through an email transfer. Details for transfer will be included in the invoice sent to all winners once auction closes.
(6) PICKUP / DELIVERY / SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS: Curbside pickup is available March 30 - April 10 from 10am-4pm, with extended hours to 7pm on Wed. March 31 and Wed. April 7. Closed Easter Sunday. Pickup location is 99 Chatham St. in Brantford. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know in advance which day works best for you, and we will provide further instructions.
If you are unable to pick up, we can deliver as follows:
Brantford/Brant County - free of charge
Up to 50km from Brantford (i.e. Burlington, Woodstock) - $30
Up to 100km from Brantford (i.e. Etobicoke, London) - $60
Please contact us at email@example.com for arrangements and payment.
About Brantford Symphony Orchestra
Brantford Symphony Orchestra - Music is alive!
“Our mission is to provide symphonic experiences, giving people of all ages opportunities for musical appreciation and education.”
The formally designated Brantford Symphony Orchestra was established in 1919 under the direction of Dr. F. C. Thomas.
At present the BSO continues to be housed in the expertly restored, former Capitol Theatre, known to all as the now celebrated Sanderson Centre. Our permanent home in this richly historical Art Deco structure is well-established.
As an orchestra of approximately 70 professional musicians of the highest calibre, the BSO thrives under the expert tutelage of Artistic Director and Conductor Philip Sarabura.