About Our Auction
Tonight's the night! You will be able to start bidding or using the 'Buy Now' option at 7:30pm MDT! Before you start your bidding, please take a minute to read over the important information below so that there are no surprises during the auction or when the auction is finished!
All prices are in Canadian Dollars and I will be in contact with the winning bids at the close of the auction to discuss payment preferences and to send the official invoices. Most paintings are in their final stages of drying so please allow 1-2 weeks for shipping and tracking information to be sent.
1. The smaller paintings (up to and including 36"x48") will be shipped on their frames and will arrive ready to hang in your home. Pieces that are larger than 36"x48" will be shipped rolled up in protective tubing for safe transport and will need to be stretched over a new frame at an Art Store or Frame Shop once received.
2. Taxes are included and Shipping will be $75 within Canada and $95 to the US. If you are International Collector please be advised that shipping will be calculated once your address has been provided so that proper quotes can be created.
3. All payments must be made within 24 hours of the close of the online auction, and they can be made via E-Transfer, Paypal, or through any major Credit Card. I will be in contact at the close of the auction to find out which payment method you prefer and to send you an invoice for your new artwork.
4. To keep things easier across all time zones, I have enabled proxy bidding for this sale. A proxy bid allows you to enter the maximum amount that you are willing to spend on your painting of choice, and then it lets the system bid for you up to that exact amount. For example, if an item is currently selling for $10 and you enter a proxy bid of $50, the system will automatically keep up with bidding for you until the selling price goes over $50. At that point, you will be outbid and someone else will be the leading bidder. You will only owe the amount the system has bid for you which will never be more than your maximum proxy bid amount. This option is really fantastic for those of you who can't be near your computer at all times, or may be away at the close of the auction.
5. There is a 'Buy Now' option for each painting where the price is set at current market value. This enables you to buy the painting straight away and take it out of bidding contention.
6. I am enabling the Extended Bidding option for this event as well. The Extended Bidding option automatically extends the end time of an item by 3 minutes when it receives a bid during the final 3 minutes of the sale. This process repeats until no new bids are received during the final 3 minutes of the item bidding window or the auction has been extended for a maximum of 30 minutes beyond the original end time. Again, this is in place to factor in all of the variables across different time zones and varying internet connections.
Also please note that all sales are final.
And that about covers it all! If you have any questions during the sale, please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com Have fun bidding everyone! I can't wait to see where these pieces of soul end up and I do hope that they bring a little joy into your day today!
About Artist Sarah Mckendry
I am a mother, a painter, a wife and an author. I first picked up a paintbrush in 2008, and I have been teaching myself the intricate, challenging and souldeep world of self expression ever since. With my wildlife and portrait pieces, I live to capture the spirit with each stroke of my brush, and I will not stop painting until there is a soul staring back at me on the canvas. My landscapes are extensions of distant memories, and I try to paint them so that one can almost feel the fresh air as it drifts off of the piece. It is such a wonderful feeling being able to paint as a full time profession, and having it weave itself so effortlessly into the fabric of raising our two young boys is something that I will forever be grateful for.
Each and every painting that I have completed can be found in homes and private collections all across this beautiful globe. Having no formal training in my craft, I am so deeply moved that this is the case. I currently work out of Alberta, Canada where I live with my wonderful husband, and our two incredible boys.