03:00 PM EDT
08:00 PM EDT
About Our Auction
The annual Wellfleet OysterFest is the primary promotional and fundraising event for Wellfleet Shellfish Promotion and Tasting (S.P.A.T.). This year would have been the event's 20th anniversary and we didn't want to miss a chance to celebrate this significant milestone.
In lieu of the live 'Fest, S.P.A.T. is planning a virtual event shaped around the Fest's signature attraction, the Shuck Off, a competitive oyster shucking competition. The virtual event will be hosted by a lineup of celebrity chefs Ming Tsai, Jamie Bissonette and Elle Simone Scott who will share oyster recipes and musical guest G. Love.
Other activities include a virtual learn to shuck and oyster appreciation workshop and this silent auction. Items represented in this auction represent all that the Wellfleet OysterFest, Wellfleet and the Cape Cod community have to offer. Proceeds from these activities will help S.P.A.T. continue its mission to preserve, protect and promote Wellfleet's shellfish framers and wild harvesters.
This auction runs from October 9 -23, 2020.
Bid generously and bid often!
Then join us for the virtual 'Fest and watch ten legendary shuckers from the past 19 years compete for the 20th anniversary Shuck Off Championship!
This FREE event will stream live on YouTube Saturday, October 17th at 5:00 pm – the traditional weekend for the Wellfleet OysterFest – from the beautiful Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theater (W.H.A.T.) in Wellfleet, MA.
About Wellfleet S.P.A.T.
Wellfleet Shellfish Promotion and Tasting, S.P.A.T., is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was chartered in 2002, the year after the first Wellfleet OysterFest®. The event began as an impromptu event to celebrate the Wellfleet Oyster and the town's shellfishing legacy and grew to become the premiere fall festival in the region. The event has been wildly successful attracting an average of 23,000 visitors to the Cape during the shoulder season.
Proceeds from the 'Fest and other fundraising activities enable S.P.A.T. to fulfill its mission of preserving, protecting and promoting the region's shellfishing and aquaculture industries. S.P.A.T. achieves this through its college scholarship program, community grant awards and other industry related initiatives.
To date over $736,000 has been reinvested back into the community. A few examples include:
- $92,400 was directed toward emergency pandemic relief efforts this spring to support our shellfishing families at this time of need.
- $142,500 has been awarded within the college scholarship program for students pursuing a degree in a marine sciences or a related field.
- $30,000 has been donated to the Wellfleet Shellfish Department to support the town’s recreational shellfishing and propagation programs.
- $10,000 has been donated towards the Wellfleet Harbor dredging fund
- $34,350 has been given to Mass. Audubon Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary to support their Coastal Ecology curriculum for elementary students.
To learn more visit wellfleetspat.org.