01:00 PM EDT
10:00 PM EDT
About Our Auction
The Tom Hendry Awards are an opportunity to celebrate the talent of Canadian playwrights across the country. We offer cash prizes (in some cases, along with publishing opportunities and mentorships) to our recipients for several awards, including the Bra D’Or Award, which celebrates an individual who supports and promotes the work of Canadian women playwrights, and a Lifetime Membership Award.
In 2020 our annual silent auction will be held entirely online, alongside our awards ceremonies running each evening from October 25 - 30th at 7:30PM EST. The auction is our major fundraising event of the year, and every dollar donated helps us to provide programs and support to our members. Find out more about the awards here: https://playwrightsguild.ca/awards/
Once the winners have been announced, items can be picked up at our office in the east end of Toronto, or shipping can be arranged. Shipping costs are not included in the auction price, and winners who are unable to pick up their prizes acknowledge that shipping will incur an extra fee.
You can also donate to the Playwrights Guild of Canada here: https://playwrightsguild.ca/donate/
About Playwrights Guild of Canada
Playwrights Guild of Canada is a registered national arts service association mandated to advance the creative rights and interests of professional Canadian playwrights, promote Canadian plays nationally and internationally, and foster an active, evolving community of writers for the stage.
PGC is an organization that:
- Is a registered charity;
- Is inclusive and representative (geography, diverse backgrounds, age, stage of development, gender and sexual orientation);
- Maintains the standards and practices of the profession;
- Affirms the importance of playwriting as an art;
- Safeguards freedom of expression in Canadian theatres;
- Contributes to the development of the art form;
- Strives to remain relevant within the larger community.