About Our Auction
This online auction is part of our 12th annual Harvest Dinners and Auction which takes place on Friday November 5th and Saturday, November 6th to benefit the Village of Hope and Vimbainesu Children’s Home in Zimbabwe. The online auction replaces the silent auction held each year at this fundraiser. This has been a challenging 2 years for all charities due to the Covid 19 restrictions. The Harvest Dinners and Auctions will be a very important fund raising event for Mission Zimbabwe as the proceeds will allow us to continue to financially support the children in the upcoming year.
About Mission Zimbabwe
“The Hands of God in the Heart of Africa"
There are six connecting parts to our vision for this humanitarian aid project that is sponsored through Hope Community Church, Hanover.
1) Involve the community in raising funds to provide long-term support for the Village of Hope and Vimbainesu Children’s Home in Zimbabwe.
2) Send a Short term mission team to the Village of Hope on a yearly basis.
3) Promote the sponsorship of children in Zimbabwe through Child Care Plus.
4) Promote, develop and implement an Education Fund to support graduating students to continue their education that will lead to opportunities at the university or technical level, or to post secondary school courses that provide employment opportunities.
5) Provide a yearly education budget to support the education needs of the children and youth at Vimbainesu Children’s Home
6) Provide support for feeding programs that provide a nutritious breakfast porridge each school week day for over 2000 children at the Village of Hope and at primary schools in the local community.