Lake George Fire's Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser

Lake George Fire Protection DIstrict
August 2021
08:00 AM MDT
August 2021
08:04 PM MDT
GOAL $5,000.00
137.4% REACHED!

About Our Auction

LGFPD relies on our annual fundraiser to purchase personal items for our volunteer firefighters that will keep them safe while serving our community and surrounding national forest. All monies raised from the fundraiser are used to purchase needed PPE or equipment for each of our 20 plus volunteers, We are holding the on-line auction to coordinate with our Welcome Back Spaghetti Dinner. Due to the COVID-19 guidelines we were not be able to hold our traditional in person Annual Spaghetti Dinner last year. Items will be on display at the dinner Saturday, August 21st at 4:30. Thank you to both our donors and for your contributions.

About Lake George Fire Protection DIstrict

Lake George Fire Protection District is a volunteer fire and EMS response organization. LGFPD has a paid chief, administrative assistant, and averages 20 volunteers on their roster. LGFPD has been a special district for 45 years. LGFPD has 4 stations housing 13 engines, squads, rescue and utility vehicles and an additional squad and command vehicle that are at residences. Due to the size of the district, each of these locations need to equipment to handle any type of call. The 250 square mile district is 87% Federal or State lands that it does not receive funding from. The district relies on tax revenues from the remaining 13%, donations and grants. The community is mostly made up of ranches, fishing/hunting cabins and secondary vacation homes. Although population is reported to average 2500 residents, the additional short-term vacationers adds considerably that number. There are a limited number of businesses in the ‘town’ of Lake George. Lake George has one gas station, a general store, two RV parks, two small cabin-rental parks, a hemp shop, a fly-fishing shop and a café. Lake George also has three propane bulk and tank storage facilities. It has a library, a small elementary charter school and three churches. Although most of the Lake George Fire Protection District is Federal land, LGFPD units respond to all calls in the district regardless of location. The US Forest Service does not provide medical or rescue services for those on their lands who may need it. LGFPD generally has no cost recovery for those services as we are a non-transport agency. LGFPD relies on Ute Pass Regional Health Services’ ambulance and Flight for Life Aeromedical for transport and ALS patient care. At times, ambulances are 45 minutes out. We are holding the on-line auction to coordinate with our Annual Spaghetti Dinner. We are hoping that this on-line auction will help us purchase the much needed supplies. Thank you to both our donors and for your contributions.

Learn More