About Our Auction
During this frightening Coronavirus pandemic, it is more important than ever to come together as a community to support the people and causes suffering the most. Your participation will support artists globally, each of whom are similarly affected and no longer have access to public exhibition spaces. History has demonstrated that some of the most powerful artworks were made in the darkest times. Your participation will also directly support communities, hospitals and children in need. 75% of your art purchases will go directly to artists and 25% of your art purchases will go directly to GlobalGiving's Coronavirus Relief Fund which provides:
• Doctors, nurses, and other front line responders to communities in need
• Masks, ventilators, and other lifesaving medical supplies to hospitals and clinics
• Essential items to struggling families and older individuals in quarantined cities and refugee camps
• Food to children that rely on school meals as their only source of nutrition
• As the situation evolves, the fund will transition to support longer-term recovery and education efforts run by local, vetted organizations in affected regions.
Pure donations will be split 50/50 between all the participating artists and GlobalGiving's Coronavirus Relief Fund.
About Christie's CSR: Employee Initiatives
The Christie's Employee Initiatives Organization, under the leadership of Celine Cunha, Matthew Capasso, Leah Kuttruff and Katie Ferguson, puts together events and exhibitions to highlight and support artists directly, as well as give back to the larger disenfranchised community. Artists and charitable organizations worldwide come together to amplify each other's voices, and through recognition, collaboration and public donation, we build a healthier world.
Thank you to the artist Ryan Bock for his incredible and generous collaboration.
Alana Dee Haynes
Wire Alcove, 2020
Whitney Museum of American Art Pop-up, 2016
The Disappearance of the Rainbow Body 1
Ho Jae Kim
Final Resting Place, 2020
The Love Child
Woman in Blue