08:00 AM EST
04:00 PM EST
About Our Auction
Funds raised will directly support Safe Harbour, an organization that was created in the fall of 1985, through a collaboration among community members who came together to create a long-term housing facility in Cumberland County.
Safe Harbour provides a continuum of housing services, from temporary shelter to permanent residence, for those who’ve lost their homes due to foreclosure, joblessness, the death of a loved one, mental health and addiction issues, or a myriad of other circumstances.
Safe Harbour services continue to change and grow as we endeavor to aid the homeless and potentially homeless of Cumberland County.
SAFE HARBOUR MISSION
Safe Harbour provides a continuum of housing and supportive services for homeless and nearly homeless individuals and families in our communities.
SAFE HARBOUR'S CURRENT NEED
As the Safe Harbour building is historic and has never had a comprehensive renovation, clogged sinks and broken bathroom fixtures are not uncommon. Safe Harbour is continually spending money on repairs which diverts money for the supportive services for our clients. An unanticipated emergency bathroom repair had to be made on January 1, 2021, which resulted from added stress on the facilities due to the pandemic. Safe Harbour’s Property Committee has decided that these renovations can wait no longer and have decided to invest in the building with an improved use of space, new plumbing, and upgraded lighting, all renovations which will keep our residents safe and healthy. The projected cost of the renovations is $30,000.
AUCTION PROCEDURES AND RULES
THE FOLLOWING SETS FORTH THE TERMS FOR THE CARLISLE ROTARY ONLINE AUCTION. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR CHANGE THESE CONDITIONS.
1. Bidding: Bidding begins on Friday, December 3 at 8:00 AM (EST). Bids submitted before this time will not be honored. Bidding will end on Friday, December 10 at 4:00 PM (EST). Online bidding is available 24 hours a day.
2. Any issues with bidding or bid amounts placed accidentally must be sent to the auction staff at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the occurrence of the issue. Please bid carefully!
3. “Minimum Bids” exist where applicable. Bids below the minimum will not be accepted.
4. All bidders must create an account with 32auctions to bid on items listed.
5. Bid Status Notification: Winning bids will be displayed online utilizing the bidder name and high bid amount.
6. Items will be available to be picked up, in person (unless otherwise noted), at the Safe Harbour building located at 102 W High St, Carlisle, PA. beginning Monday, December 13, 2021 and ending Wednesday, December 15, 2021. Items can be picked up between the hours of 10 AM (EST) and 4:00 PM (EST). You can also schedule a specific date and time to pick-up your item(s) by emailing email@example.com. ITEMS NOT PICKED UP BY DECEMBER 15 WILL BE OFFERED TO THE NEXT HIGHEST BIDDER.
7. By request, some items may be able to be mailed or shipped, bidder must check with the auction administrators before expecting shipping. Costs for packaging, shipping and insurance will be added to all invoices.
8. Items must be paid for at the time of pick-up. Payments may be made by cash, check or money order. Please make checks payable to the Carlisle Rotary Club Foundation.
9. We reserve the right to accept or refuse a bid by any bidder for any reason.
10. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions contained within this website.
11. Placing a bid constitutes acceptance of the above terms.
In addition to funds raised during the auction itself, Rotary would like to thank our auction sponsors that have contributed a total of $15,150 so far:
Anonymous, Bill & Laurie Harkey, The Hoffman Family, Synergy Home Care
Bob & Arleen Belyea, CASD Sr Admin Staff, Diamond Wealth Advisors, Rob Frey, FSA Inc. C/O Justin Doty, Fred & Donna Gellert, Griffie & Associates, P.C., Dave and Elaine Haag, Joel and Nancy Hillison, Geoff & Amy Mangelsdorf, Gordon & Debbie Miller, Dan and Justine Monken, John & Fred Schnibben, Bill and Lillian Spruill, Dodie Wise
Paul and Barbara Burkhart, Cohick and Associates, Tom & Monica Frederick, Ken and Ellen Giffhorn, Ron & Melanie Greenway, Bill & Gretchen Hoffman, Byron & Marylin Koste, Mike and Liz McKnight, Ron Robinson, Nick and Doris Stamos,
Charles and Kathleen Stoup, Bob & Linda Taylor
Rob and Linda Barr, Mary and Paul Brunski, David & Jane Conley, Rick and Lorelei Coplen, Mike and Barbara Cross, Michelle & Steve Crowley, Alden & Carol Cunningham, Mary Kay & Deemer Durham, Rod & Gloria Frazier, Bob Gerard, Hubert & Mary Gilroy, Cindy and Mike Gleim-Pool, Paul and Nancy Harig, Doug & JoAnn Heineman, David & Beth Kammerer, Carol & Bert Lennon, Mike and Kim Lockwood, Becky Morgenthal, Dwayne & Sharon Parrish, Marv and Kathy Salsman, Bill & Pat Solomon ($200), Charles and Kathleen Stoup, Deb Sweaney and James Baker, Kerrie Truax ($50), Tom & Bobbi Williams, Mike & Emily Zick.
About Rotary Clubs of Carlisle, PA
The Rotary Club of Carlisle and the Rotary Club of Carlisle Sunrise provide opportunities for service to the community and the world through a forum that fosters fellowship and fun. In conjunction with our sister club, the Rotary Club of Carlisle Sunrise, an annual holiday auction is conducted to raise funds for selected global and local projects.
Over the past 20 years, fundraising events by Carlisle's two Rotary clubs have raised over $270,000 to support international water projects in Africa and Central America. More recently, auctions have supported projects in the Carlisle community. In 2017, $17,000 was raised to support Cumberland County Historical Society. In 2018, $16,000 was raised to support Safe Harbour and Community C.A.R.E.S. In 2019, $20,000 was raised to support Domestic Violence Services of Cumberland and Perry Counties (DVSCP). In 2020, $20,000 was raised to support The Arc of Cumberland & Perry Counties (CPARC).
Thanks to the very generous sponsorships by Carlisle Rotarians, $15,150 has already been raised to support Safe Harbour. In order to match the $20,000 raised last year, the goal for the items listed in his auction is to raise an additional $4,850. Can we reach the $20,000 goal this year? That will depend on your help and generosity. If you were outbid on an item or if you would just like to make a donation toward our goal, please send your check made out to the Carlisle Rotary Club Foundation to the following address: Rotary Club of Carlisle, PO Box 301, Carlisle, PA 17013.
To learn more about Rotary or this auction, contact Rotarian Bill Blankmeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 590-7229.