12:00 PM CST
11:00 PM CST
About Our Auction
Mare owners have the opportunity to purchase a breeding that they may not otherwise have access to at reduced rates
ALL BIDS ARE FINAL. Bids will not be erased under any circumstance.
Once the auction results have been verified winning bidders will be notified by email.
The money raised from the donated stallions will benefit the ApCHA 3 year old cutting futurity and the 4 year old cutting derby. Money will be distributed evenly with 40% of money raised from the auction going to the purse for the 3 year old cutting futurity and 40% going to the 4 year old cutting derby purse, 10% of the proceeds will be designated to the Stallion Incentive Fund Program and 10% of the proceeds will be held back as operating funds for the ApCHA.
Stallion Auction Incentive Fund Program
Ten percent of the proceeds from the 2019 Stallion Auction sold will be set-aside in the Stallion Incentive Account. Annually the 10% will be held until the resulting foal’s 3 year old year. The resulting foal must be ApHC registered and sired by a stallion that had his service sell in the 2019 Stallion Auction to be eligible for the Stallion Incentive Money. A stallion's breeding must sell in order for the foals to be eligible for the incentive but all AphC foal sired by said stallion in 2019 would be eligible. The highest placing resulting foal in the 2023 ApCHA Futurity will receive the Stallion Donor Incentive Money. The Incentive Money will be paid to the owner of the stallion at the time of the breeding and the current owner(s) of the resulting foal. The purse will be split, 50% going to the Stallion Owner and 50% going to the resulting foal owner. This account is interest bearing and such interest is retained in the account and is available for awards. Any monies not awarded (due to no entries) will be carried over and added to the monies available to be distributed in the following year.
Stallion Services are donated to the ApCHA and the donated services will be offered for sale through the ApCHA Stallion Auction. Information on donated stallions will be published for the benefit of advertisement to the stallion owner and the association in the ApCHA World Show Program, listed on the ApCHA website, Facebook page and possibly published in other horse publications. Donors receive free business card placement and donors donating multiple stallions will receive a larger advertisement placement.
As a condition of this contract the stallion owner/donor must agree to the following.
1. The stallion owner’s standard breeding contract will be signed indicating the donated breeding and sent to the breeding facility so they will be familiar with the donation. A photocopy of the breeding contract should also be returned to ApCHA with this donation contract for informational purposes. The stallion owner is responsible for sending the original breeding contract to the mare owner and the breeding facility.
2. If the stallion is sold, becomes deceased or unfit for breeding at anytime during the stallion auction the donor of the stallion must immediately notify Dannica Percevich or Liz Kincaid.
3. The stallion owner may charge the mare owner for normal mare care charges and any other applicable fees such as chute fees, veterinary fees, semen shipping fees, etc.
4. Once the breeding has been sold the ApCHA will notify the stallion owner and breeding facility. The contact person’s name and phone number of the breeding facility and owner will be given to the purchaser. Breeding arrangements will be made between donor and purchaser. The ApCHA is not responsible for booking dates or any additional fees associated with this breeding.
5. Should the stallion die, become unfit for breeding purposes, or is sold during the duration of the breeding season and said mare has not been serviced by said stallion any monies paid by mare owner to Appaloosa Cutting Horse Association shall, upon proper verification of the above mentioned stallion owner, be given credit to purchase another stallion fee in the succeeding Appaloosa Cutting Horse Association Stallion Auction. If credit balance remains, credit will be issued for that balance the second year.
6. Arabian, Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse Stallions owners are encouraged to pay all fees associated with breeding an ApHC registered mare. Service buyer will pay all ApHC fees required for non-ApHC registered stallion if stallion owner will not (including ApHC membership, stallion listings, DNA test or waivers, shipped semen reports, stallion reports and mare listings).
7. All the information provided to the ApCHA by the stallion donor is believed to be true. The ApCHA is not responsible for verifying information and will not be responsible for any misleading information.
Stallion Service Auction Procedures
All breedings donated to the program will be auctioned online. If a stallion stands at Private Treaty or is syndicated an “established” breeding fee will be determined. In order for a bid to be considered it must be at least forty percent (40%) of the advertised or established breeding fee or $350.00 whichever is greater unless designated by stallion owner. The auction will begin December 7, 2018 at 12:00 PM CST and the auction portion will end on January 7, 2019 at 11:00 PM CST. Bid increments must be in the amount of $50.00 or more. Any breeding not sold when bidding closes will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis for 60% of the advertised breeding fee. Donated breedings will be offered until sold or until April 1, 2019 unless otherwise stated by stallion donor. Individuals who are not able to bid online can contact Dannica Percevich (email@example.com) or Liz Kincaid (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their bids. The ApCHA Stallion Auction will accept late stallion breeding donations until March 1, 2019, however it is in the best interest of the stallion owner to donate as early as possible to help promote the stallion auction and to receive the full benefits of advertising.
A stallion owner/donor may purchase their own stallion service at 50% of the advertised or “established” breeding fee at the time of donation. This will eliminate the stallion from the public auction but the stallion will still be listed for all advertisement purposes.
Any breeding purchased through the ApCHA Stallion Service Program may not be transferred or re-sold by the purchaser. Breedings are for the 2019 season only. Any carryover to a future year is at the sole discretion of the stallion owner. If no foal results from the ’19 breeding, the Incentive will carry over for one (1) year only, providing the stallion donors approval based on their stallion contract. Payment in the form of check, cash or money order must be mailed upon purchase of breeding. PayPal payments are also accepted and a 3.5% processing fee will apply to the total amount owed.
IT WILL BE THE MARE OWNERS RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTACT THE STALLION OWNER AND/ BREEDING FACILITY FOR ADDITIONAL FEES.
THE ApCHA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CHANGE OF FEES, ADDITIONAL FEES OR BOOKING DATES.
BOTH THE DONOR & THE BREEDING FACILITY WILL BE NOTIFIED WHEN THE BREEDING IS SOLD.
The purpose of this program is to provide funds for the ApCHA 3 year old cutting futurity and 4 year old cutting derby purses. In view of this there will be no refund of winning bids for any reason. After the bidding has been completed any transaction dealing with the breeding will be solely between the stallion owner and the mare owner. It will in no way involve the ApCHA. Submitting a contract indicates acceptance of the foregoing statements.
The Appaloosa Cutting Horse Association
The ApCHA encourages and promotes the breeding and showing of the Appaloosa Cutting horse. We aim to encourage, develop, and distribute information to all members, spectators, and interested parties to develop an understanding of the Appaloosa cutting horse. Visit our website www.appcutting.com to find more information! The Buy It Now Portion of the auction ends May 5th, at noon CST. Winners will be contacted after the end of the auction. Payment is due within seven days. We accept payment by check, money order, PayPal, or credit card (any). All purchases are subject to a 3.5% fee except if paid by check or money order.
About The Appaloosa Cutting Horse Association
The ApCHA encourages and promotes the breeding and showing of the Appaloosa Cutting horse. We aim to encourage, develop and distribute information to all members, spectators and interested parties to develop an understanding of the Appaloosa cutting horse. Visit our website www.appcutting.com to find more information!