05:00 AM PDT
07:00 PM PDT
About Our Auction
This fundraiser is to support Tubie Friends and their continued efforts to provide comfort, therapy and education for families who are dealing with the challenges of having a child with chronic medical illness. Currently, we have over 600 children waiting to receive a Tubie Friend. To fulfill their requests, we rely fully on the generosity of donors like you.
About the auction:
- We will refund the purchase amount of any experience gift certificate that expires before business resumes due to the pandemic. This means that if you purchase something like Mariners tickets, and there ends up not being a Mariner season, then we will refund the amount you paid. We will not refund shipping if you need shipping.
- Bidding is anonymous to everyone except the auction administrators.
- You can choose to put in a bid or skip the bidding process and "buy it now" for items with this option.
- Payment can be made by credit card via Paypal invoice, by check, cash, directly to our PayPal account or money order. Payment is due by the end of the week, May 10th unless you make alternative arrangements with us. We reserve the right to offer the item to the next highest bidder if the payment is not received by the due date. Payment emails will be sent at the conclusion of the auction.
- All items can be picked up in Mountlake Terrace, WA. If desired, items can be released to a fellow bidder with your written (email) permission once payment has been received. We will be following social distancing guidelines.
- Items can be shipped at the winning bidder's additional cost. Gift cards that fit into a standard envelope, can be shipped in the United States for an additional $4 to cover tracking and insurance. If you choose to waive tracking and insurance, we can ship gift cards for free. Larger package costs will be determined after the auction and based on size, weight and location.
- Once mailed, items are no longer considered the responsibility of Tubie Friends and lost/stolen mail cannot be replaced.
- Please read the descriptions carefully. All sales are final.
If participating in auctions isn't for you, but you'd still like to help with a tax deductible donation, please consider sponsoring a child or donate at http://tubiefriends.org/ Click the "donate" button at the bottom of the page. We also gladly accept checks/money orders or PayPal donations.
About Tubie Friends
Tubie Friends’ mission is to provide comfort, therapy and education for families who are dealing with the challenges of having a child with chronic medical illness. The families we work with have children who have medical devices placed on or in their bodies. We provide the family with a high-quality stuffed animal that is customized for each child. If the child has a feeding tube and a central line, then we will sew a feeding tube and central line into the stuffed animal they request. These are then used to help caregivers, including school personnel, become accustomed to the equipment by practicing on the Tubie Friend. It also is a comfort to the child who feels like he/she is the only one who has a tube like this in his/her body.